1) The black community operates by the 'The government should care more about the XYZ (imprisonment of black men, HIV infection of bw, oow etc etc) more than we should and 'we are owed' principle.
But hear me good, the government shouldn’t care more about my personal progress than I should care and be anxious about it!
I care more about my own progress to wait on the pace and timescales of any government, because it is my life on the line here! I am motivated on behalf of my own success that I will do more than any government could, to ensure I make it.
This is where black folk have lost it, by thinking and insisting that government care more about gang bangers, oow, black economic situation, than they should. Foolish foolish foolish.
This is one reason that I am slowly beginning to dislike a good section of the ’progressive’ crowd. All they want is to get as much evidence as they can to support their eternal war with the right, to show that the system isn’t working. But guess what, the evidence they require is the body count of black women broken by the current system. Indeed, having that body count, is more important than doing anything immediate to halt the ongoing disaster (HIV, STD, DV, etc). To them the ‘evidence’ is more important than saving lives, and that is why when I ask them ’Lets take a ‘short cut’ here, I am bleeding to death’, they say ‘No no' (we need your broken and destroyed bodies as evidence that the system is not working!) .
2) Black men are apolitical and immorally indifferent to the fate of community- The whole ’lets try this, this might wake them up’, ‘lets do that, that might work,’ ‘Lets try this tactic, I am sure they will realize then the need for their presence….’ is simply a waste of time! Its like trying to wake up a corpse, its not going to happen! If your ‘scheme’ in any way is ties to the ‘participation’ of black men, then count it as lost.
Accept it and save yourselves a lot of continued heartache.
Many bw cannot simply accept that black men as a collective are not in anyway concerned about what black people, the black family, black children etc etc will become, even though they have shown it abundantly that ‘saving the race’ and safeguarding black future is so far from their thoughts it could well be as far as Pluto.
The other thing I notice is that many bw are hunting and searching for that rare hens teeth of a black man who ‘has bw back‘, instead of conserving their energy and using it for more productive activities. Indeed in their desperation to know at least ‘one or two bm’ who care, they will pile all untop of any bm who ‘seems’ to be supporting bw when if they are not that emotional and desperate, they would easily see that that man has been leaving clear signs of his contempt of bw from the first day.
‘Thank you so much for defending us, thank you so much for clarifying your position…’ lol just shows you how low bw have fallen that they are profusely thankful for bones tossed their way!
They get confused when their black male idol (the black men they thought was theirs and was for them), suddenly shows by his statement that he has ’ feet of clay’ and he just (like the rest is the haters of black women) hates black women, only he was either good/clever at hiding it because he has needed to maintain this reputation for some other stuff eg sell books or a play etc. Sometimes you sense these things, you don’t need to read it in black and white before you know what a person is. Bm will continue to boldly show bw their contempt as the days go by, very soon they will feel no need to hide, particularly when you show them that you will seize upon any crumb thrown your way and use that as a ‘proof’ of how much that bm is ‘into bw and loves them’.
But I’ll give you the litmus test to know that a particular black man has a bw back (since many us might need pointers). Unless a black man says that he agrees with the general position that black men are amoral, apolitical and there is no defence or excuse for their actions and activities, then you can be at least 80% sure that this is the ‘fair-minded’ bm you seek. If a bm however tries to say, ‘some not all’, and tries to point out that some bm are doing good etc, in fact that alone makes that bm deeply suspect. In other words any ’fair-minded’ black man must be willing to take the full barrel of criticism that is coming black men’s way without in anyway trying to deflect it or share blame, I don’t care if he comes from a long line of exemplar men. Indeed any bm who can drum up some defence of the current male contingent today is better written off. He must be willing to take the full criticism. Anything less makes him suspect!
3) Perverse voices now dominate the black political discourse. Perverse voices are those who justify and defend what black people have become and the rot that has taken root within the black community. Perverse voices take some twisted satisfaction justifying the status quo often they come from a point of defending some ‘progressive principle’ yet the end result is not wanting to ’loose people from ideas and behaviour that is netting them ’less than’ and indeed taking them down.’ This is why everyday, more and more bw are on the path of destruction, because perverse voices (soothing them and urging them to keep with the status quo) abound.
I used to be naïve in thinking that ‘defending black people’ was the way to go, that this meant looking out for black people against their detractor and attackers and thus ensuring their survival and indeed wanting the best for black people. How silly, how silly was I. In the past, defending black people was necessary because black folk where trying to ‘better their situation’. They were moving along the way of progress and so defending us and pointing out the hypocrisy and the holes in the argument of others who were indeed set against the very survival of black folks, was ’clearing the way’ on the path of progress, so yes it was important to say, ‘leave black people alone‘ but not anymore!
Today it is disastrous to say, ‘leave black people let them be, stop judging and focussing on them’ in other words ‘defending black people’ because that is simply saying, ‘let them remain in the position they are in currently which on the contrary requires challenging’. Lawdy lawdy, could such a statement as ’leave black people be’ be any father away from wanting the survival of black people? Indeed this would simply be defending the rot and counter progressive posture, that black people have currently adopted.
See, when you go to those sites where their posture is ’stop picking on black people,’ ask them if there is really any ‘space’ in their approach where they actually address the fact that blacks have fallen into degeneracy (on many levels) that actually needs to be picked on and judged. Or is it so much more important to ‘let us continue down the line of destruction’.
Black folks don’t know when things swing right round and thus when an approach needs to change or else it becomes lethal. Black folk are notorious for never changing tact, never noting when a change has occurred (which invalidates a certain course of action) but constantly hang unto dead and obsolete tactics possibly out of nostalgia and attachment to some symbolic value in the approach.
4) The black community says to itself, 'We know we cannot control the actions of black men, who will do what they want to wether it creates havoc or not (they are essentially out of control), so we will attempt to control black women's feelings over black men's actions'. Thus you get the constant response, 'You are bitter because a black man did XY'. Such statements are an attempt to invalidate your natural reactions to the activities of black men, to make it seem wrong and inordinate reactions, that you start to 'rewire' your own feelings!
The BC is constantly trying to make bw not feel what they should normally feel under the circumstance (they constantly try to police bw natural feelings and reactions). So anger, disillusionment, self protection instinct...all these things that arise naturally when bw look at their situation, the community is trying to prevent. If they however focussed half their attention and effort correcting the behaviour and attitudes of black men then trying to suppress the natural reactions black women have towards black mens actions, then maybe sanity would return, but no they want to control how bw feel!
which brings me to the last point
5) Most of the black community sees black women as the rescource of the community and thus 'withold' any information that could take black women up and out from this role. Yes any information that might mean bw no longer having to function as 'resource basket' from which every member of the race cancome and grab from, is quietly dropped in the bin!
And see all those folks you love and care about? They are in on this effort (though a good number are doing it simply as an 'unthinking' repetition of culture norms and ideas). Indeed the 'non thinking' state of most black women is ideal for the propagation of ideas and systems that oppress them from generation to generation. This is one key reason why unsophisticated and time warp analysis and arguments abound within black discourse. Indeed you sometimes go to 'black events' and wonder, 'Am I back in time talking about obsolete stuff?'.
Keeping the discussions, understanding and analysis 'incomplete' and unsophisticated is an effective tool to maintain the oppressive staus quo (Peggy Mckintosh)
Gain insight into the relationship reality facing black women today, and find out more about the Interracial Option, read the IR E-book
Questions to be sent to: email@example.com